Updated: Nov 1, 2021
Learn how to build the perfect meal that will give you the nutrients your body needs.
What is a healthy meal ?
1. It gives us nutrients we need to fuel our body and mind
2. It doesn’t give us toxins or things our body is intolerant to
Lets look at point 1 “nutrients we need”
- Protein: We need 13 amino acids as Protein of 1-2grams per kg of bodyweight per day
- Essential Fatty Acids: two essential fatty acids being Omega 6 & 3.
- Vitamins/Minerals/Fibre: we need 22 Minerals, 14 Vitamins, 7 Co-factors,
HOW TO GET THESE:
Eat 3-4 Palm size servings of Protein/day: Fish, Eggs, Beans, Meats, Nuts
Eat 1-2 Handfulls of Vegies/Salads /day
Lets look at Point 2 “toxins or things our body is intolerant to”
These largely fall into highly processed foods and chemicals.
The top 4 are as follows:
2. Fructose (extracted form)
3. Many of the modern grains eg modern Einkhorn wheat etc
4. Trans fats: eg cooked Vegetable Oils such as canola, soybean, (DOESN’T include Olive oil, Coconut or avocado)